ReignDesign had a fun and exciting year! We released some apps, visited conferences and contemplated new technology! Here's a Top Ten List of our biggest moments.
1. Oooohh, look at the pretty pictures, iPad Retina vs. Non-retina. We loved the clarity of the retina display. How did we ever live without it?
2. Git and SCP: this tutorial is perfect if you can't find your USB stick or if you don't feel like walking across the room to find one.
3. Ever wondered about the controls for touchscreen games? Watch this talk that founder, Matt Mayer, gave in Kiev.
4. In iOS5, Apple introduced native Twitter integration via the "Tweet Sheet" (aka TWTweetComposeViewController), allowing you to easily implement Twitter in your iOS app without worrying about all the heavy lifting. Continue reading this tutorial for more details.
5. Look At Teh Pritee Kittehs! Our app, Cat Scan, was fun to make, and we enjoyed turning all of our phone contacts into cute kittens.
6. Adding labels and re-assigning Github issues: Two ways to automate this common task!
7. Making Flockwork was a great learning experience filled with a few technical hurdles. We wrote a series of blog posts explaining the challenges in cocos2d.
8. Controls for games are important....like, really important.
10. Remember the trend of making videos and lists about Sh*t People Say/Do, etc? We made one for iPhone Developers. You're welcome.
ReignDesign is excited about 2013, and we are looking forward to creating and updating.
Happy New Year!